Shabazz stated he has to “give his respect” because “he’s bringing reform to the world”. He also believes that the attacks were an inside job, saying he doesn’t know if he can trust that bin Laden was the mastermind, because the government “knows how to fix up the videos.” He has a long and storied history of blaming everything on Jewish people–claiming there was Jewish involvement in the attacks.
At one point, Shabazz told the audience to “give him a hand” and those in attendance began to clap and cheer. He also tells the other panthers that mathematically, bin Laden is their friend because he got Bush and Rumsfeld, “shakin and quakin.” He finishes by saying his name will go down in history because he won’t die a “punk” or a “sissy.”
Today, America Live’s Megyn Kelly sat down with New Black Panther Chairman Malik Zulu Shabazz to discuss the voter intimidation allegations against his organization.
In the interview, Shabazz stated that the actions of King Samir Shabazz were outside of the organizational policy of how to conduct themselves. However, in the video we posted earlier today, you can clearly tell that King Samir Shabazz’s actions were accepted behavior of the group. In that video, Chairman Shabazz even joked about the New Black Panthers carrying nightsticks while speaking to supporters. However, while speaking with Kelly, Shabazz stated that the acts at the polling place were just the actions of a single individual and not the policy of the New Black Panther Party. Shabazz also denies sending members to the poll, however that claim is somewhat disputed by what he said to supporters as well. In the end, Chairman Shabazz says that he will not be sending members to the polls in 2010 or 2012 for “obvious reasons.”
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC DOCUMENTARY
"INSIDE THE NEW BLACK PANTHERS"
Similar to hate factions like the KKK and neo-Nazis, the New Black Panther Party is a militant hate group, headquartered in Washington, D.C. that seeks to redefine the black struggle for equality and demand liberation from what it sees as white supremacy.
The New Black Panther Party for Self Defense (NBPP) is a militant hate group. Learn more about this new era for the black struggle and the original Black Panther Party.
* The roots of the NBPP can be traced to Michael McGee, a former member of the original Panthers, who was elected to the Milwaukee City Council in Wisconsin in 1984.
* In 2002, original members of the Panthers sued the NBPP and founder Aaron Michaels for using their name and emblem.
* The NBPP has made appearances and organized rallies at the scene of many recent racial incidents, such as the Sean Bell shooting in New York, the Megan Williams rape case, and spearheaded aid to Hurricane Katrina victims.
* Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale founded the original Black Panther Party in Oakland, California on October 15, 1966.
* The original Black Panther Party for Self Defense was created to promote civil rights, self-defense, and racial justice.
* In October 1967, Oakland police officer John Frey was shot to death in an altercation with Huey P. Newton during a traffic stop. Newton served three years in prison for the crime, a conviction that was reversed in appeal.
* In 1968, membership in the Black Panther Party reached 5,000, their newspaper had a circulation of 250,000, and they had chapters established in many cities, including Chicago, Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, and New York.
* From fall 1967 through the end of 1969, nine police officers were killed and 56 were wounded in confrontations with the Panthers. In 1969 alone, 348 Panthers were arrested for a variety of crimes.
* In September 1968, FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover described the Black Panthers as, "The greatest threat to the internal security of the country."
* At the 1968 Summer Olympics, Tommie Smith and John Carlos, two American medalists gave the Black Power salute during the playing of the national anthem.
* The main initiatives of the Black Panther Party were free services and survival programs such as clothing distribution, free medical clinics, first aid, and a breakfast program.
Learn more about the original Black Panther Party and why they're not like the New Black Panther Party.
Read more: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/inside/3952/Overview#tab-facts#ixzz0tLmMsges
I'm not sure when this video was created, but it appears it was recent as it addresses the DOJ dropping the charges against the NBPP in the voter intimidation case.
Malik Shabazz incriminates himself in black panther case
Admits he knows NBPP members carry batons and that there was an organized effort
by NBPP to put members at polling locations.