Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Chris Matthews on Obama handling of Egypt: 'I feel ashamed as an American, the way we're doing this'



I can’t believe I agree with Chris Matthews!

Here is video of Matthews today on “Morning Joe” where he blasted Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and President Barack Obama’s handling of the Crisis in Egypt. Matthews said he knows that there has to be transition in Egypt, but he said the U.S. has not done right by Mubarak, who has been a staunch U.S. ally for decades. He uses the word "friend" throughout the interview when referring to Mubarak.
“I feel shame about this. I feel ashamed as an American the way we’re doing this. I know he has to change. I know we’re for democracy. But the way we’ve handled it is not the way a friend handles a matter. We’re not handling it the way Americans should handle a matter like this. I don’t feel right about it.
And Barack Obama – as much as I support him in many ways – there is a transactional quality to the guy that is chilling. I believe in relationships – I think we all do. Relationship politics is what we’re brought up with in this country. You treat your friends a certain way – you’re loyal to them – and when they are wrong you try to be with them – you try to stick with them. . . . . All I see is transaction here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment